Therapeutic Riding and Horsemanship is a program for individuals with personal challenges. This program has individualized horse interactions designed for all levels of participants. We serves over 60 different diagnosis' ranging from autism spectrum, neurological disorders, amputees, ADHD, MS, SMA, CP, Down Syndrome, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and sensory integration to name a few. The unique relationship formed with a horse can lead to increased confidence, patience, and self-esteem.
Therapeutic Riding is for individuals with neurological disorders, ADHD, MD, MS, CP, S & A, Downs, Rhett’s and Angelman’s Syndromes, Autism Spectrum, spinal cord injuries, developmental delays, Sensory Integration (S.I.) and/or skeletal dysfunction.
Healing Strides (HSVA) is a Premier Accredited Center with the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Int'l) since 2013.
• Decrease in hyperactivity and distractibility
• Improved postural alignment, control, and coordination
• Strengthening of the trunk, spinal, leg, and shoulder muscles
• Positive change in cognitive, behavioral, and attention span
• Relaxation of muscle tone. Improved balance and strength
• Social skills are improved along with communication skills
• Self-confidence, patience, and self-esteem
• Reduction of PTSD symptoms
• And it just makes you feel better and smile
Our mission is to promote wellness for people with personal challenges who can benefit from equine assisted activities and therapies in a safe and supportive environment.